Thursday, March 8, 2007

I Am

Mother!
Bear the fruit of this land
Leader!
Lead us unto righteous paths
Fighter!
Fight for our equality
Teacher!
Nurture our souls so that we may prosper
Friend!
Entwine my hands in this circle of life
Lover!
Fuel the passions which within us rage
Light!
Guide is through the darkness
Protector!
Protect our bodies, minds – our souls
Companion!
Fill the voids which complete our lives
I am
Mother, Leader, Fighter, Teacher, Friend
Lover, Light, Protector, Companion!
I am Everything –
And I am nothing.

1 comment:

Mukhtar Ahmad Khan said...

Suraya!
Take my word for your work and poetry is stunning.. write more.. I beg.. you can be everything.. and you are, nothing short of amazing :)

You and I - Lebo Mashile

I've fallen so deeply in love rediscovering my love for poetry and words...This is such a beautiful piece... http://www.youtube.com/w...