Thursday, March 8, 2007

Rose

So simple yet so intricate,
So strong yet so delicate,
Her gentleness soft and tame
Her stemmed body paroxysmal with love
She held me at my birth,
Gave me tender touch,
Fed my soul with enthusiasm,
Bled her worry for my well being,
Caressed my face when I in my depression,
Expressed her delight in my achievement,
Shared with me in my excitement,
Enhanced my imagination and willed me
To dream, to achieve, to believe and to live,
A petal beauty advised and guided me
Through life, love, pain and sorrow
Her optimism gave hope for a better ’morrow
She will always be my source of life, my white Rose.

3 comments:

Dreamlife said...

May your Rose always be a source of inspiration to you :)

Hasina Suliman said...

:) nice

Mukhtar Ahmad Khan said...

Excellent :)

Stunning :)

*Breathless*

One of my favourite poems ever.. and you know that. :)

Inspiring..

Ameen @ dreamlife

You and I - Lebo Mashile

I've fallen so deeply in love rediscovering my love for poetry and words...This is such a beautiful piece... http://www.youtube.com/w...